Monday, November 18, 2013

Body stats: after 5 weeks


According to Freeletics, the most visible physical changes take place after 8 weeks.
But I don't take their word for granted. The entire point of this blog is to independently assess if the programs is as efficient as it claims.

Now that I have completed my first 5 weeks of training, let's have another look at my stats: 

Height: 178 cm (5.84ft) 

Weight: 79.5 kg (175.3 lbs)

Waist size: 89 cm (35 in)


If we look at solely at figures, it looks like that I have lost 3 kilos and 1 cm of waist size over the past 5 weeks. Not bad, but before jumping to conclusions, we need to take into account my metabolism.

I'm not obsessed with my weight. It's useless for me to step on the scale every day: from one day to the next I can gain or lose 1 to 2 kilos.
However, over the past decade my weight has always been within 79kg to 83kgEven when I started boxing twice a week after a period of inactivity, my weight didn't change. I just traded a couple kilos of fat for a couple kilos of muscle.

My point is: take the results above with a grain of saltThe drop in weight is encouraging but I'm still within my normal rangeWhen I weighted myself 5 weeks ago, 82.5 kg was on the high side. Now I'm on the low side. 
If in a few weeks I start to drop below 79kg, this will be a strong signal that the training is impacting my weight.


A last thing. When weighting myself for this experiment, I always wait a day or two after training. I usually lose 0.5kg-1kg of water during workout. I need to let my body to re-hydrate to avoid distorting the weighting results.


And now the pic:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment