Monday, October 27, 2014

Second Program: Week #5

Week 51: Second Program - week 5 out of 15

Week settings:
  • Area of focus: Cardio-Strength
  • Number of training days: 4
  • Limitations: none
  • Last week feedback: "Hard, but ok"

Training:
  • Monday: [bonus: 2K run (09:12)] +Hera standard 3/5 (12:08*) +[bonus: 2K run (11:04)]
  • Tuesday: Venus standard (18:36*)
  • Wednesday: Gaia standard (29:54* -PB)
  • Thursday: boxing training
  • Friday: Lunge standard 100 (03:36* -First time) +Kentauros standard 1/6 (03:49* -First time) +[bonus: 25 pushups standards (00:35*) +25 pushups diamonds (00:47*) +25 pushups wide (00:50*) +25 pullups standards (01:23*)]

Statistics:

  • 1'914 points
  • 68 minutes

No Hells Days. No Hell Week.

Week #5 turned out to be perfectly normal. Even more quiet than usual: with a total training time of 68 minutes, this is the shortest training schedule since re-starting the program.
(Reminder: training time only includes the workouts assigned to me by the Coach. The "bonus" workouts that I decide to add to spice-up things a bit are not counted by the app).

I have a bit of trouble to understand the progressivity of the workouts assigned to me each week. You'd imagine that each week intensity increase a bit, or that the program would alternate tough weeks with recovery ones. But week #4 wasn't particularly difficult, so I don't really see the point of an easy week #5. We'll see what the future holds, but so far I'm moderately impressed by the training generator algorithm.

I stated a few times that I'm not a huge fan of partial workout. Unless they are a complement to another workout (e.g. 1/3 Metis to warmup before something else) or a step toward a harder goal (e.g. 6/10 Strength Gaia, as a first step before 8/10 or 10/10 in the following weeks). But just getting 3/5 of standard Hera, (that was already assigned to me in Week #2), feels cheap (and it hurts me ego!)
Hence on day #1 I added a bit of running before & after the workout to feel like I had a real training session. And completed day #4 with a few pushups & pullups.


The toughest thing this week was Gaia on day #3. The standard version is definitely less crazy than the strength one, but even without the high jumps it's still an intense workout. I had never performed Gaia during my first program (only tried it afterward). This time, it seems I get it every other week, and I have learnt to respect it!


That's it. Short overall 
training training, no new workout: there was not much to comment about this time. Next post should follow shortly.

2 comments:

  1. I haven't been able to access freeletics.com for the last two days. Does it works fine for you?

    Evgen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Evgen,

      I'm using the app much more than the website. However, I did access the site a few times over the last days and didn't have any issue

      Delete