Monday, April 21, 2014

Body Stats: after 26 weeks



Let's break the suspense now: there is not much difference versus week 20 :


Height: 178 cm (5.84ft) 

Weight: 75.4 kg (166.2 lbs) - week 20 measure:  75.7 kg (166.9 lbs)

Waist size: 84 cm (33.1 in) - 
week 20 measure: 84 cm (33.1 in)


Nonetheless, I think that this lack of change is actually news in itself, considering
that my training load has decreased significantly during the last 6 weeks. It means that exercising only 60 minutes per week on average (on top of my usual boxing session), was enough for me to maintain a stable physical condition.

After only a month & half, it's too early to make definitive judgments. But at least that's a first indication that my conclusions in the calories counting post were not completely off the mark. Long term impact remains to be seen, but at least short/medium term 3 sessions per week should be enough to stay in decent shape. Of course, this is based on my personal case, other people could experience different results, depending on their eating habits & level of activity.


 
To be honest, my workouts felt a bit too light lately. So my intention is to increase my training load in the coming weeks. I will probably ramp-up to 3-4 sessions per week, with slightly longer sessions. If I am disciplined enough to stick to this plan, my training will be around 90mn per week. Additionally, while I will stay focused on Strength, I will be increasing the share of Cardio in my training schedule.

The good news is that this adjustment will give the opportunity to test if my hypothesis is correct. If 60 minutes of intensive training is the minimum to stabilize my physical condition, any additional training should lead to a deficit of calories and I will start to dig into my fat reserves. I don't expect radical changes: I have already lost most of my overweight during the first 20 weeks. Besides my targeted 90 minutes is still less time that what I was doing when following the program. My guess is that in or month or two, I will weight around 74kg and lose another cm at the waist. Next body stats update, we'll see if my "prediction" was any good!


Here is the traditional pic (week 26):




No comments:

Post a Comment