Friday, January 30, 2015

Second Program: Week #11

Week 57: Second Program - week 11 out of 15

Week settings:
  • Area of focus: Cardio-Strength
  • Number of training days: 4
  • Limitations: none
  • Last week feedback: "Hard, but ok"

Training:
  • Monday: 1.5K Run (07:25 -First Time) +5K Run (26:19) +Hades standard (18:18*)
  • Tuesday: Kentauros standard (29:02*)
  • Wednesday: Gaia standard (28:10* -PB)
  • Thursday: boxing training
  • Friday: Kronos standard (45:28*)

Statistics:

  • 3'022 points
  • 154 minutes

No external constraints this week. I'm back to my regular routine (training Mo-Fri, with a full rest over the week-end).


The week started with some running. Since the 15K early in the program, I'm always worried that I'll be assigned some long distance. But in the past weeks, instead the coach had a tendency to assign combinations of multiple runs of various length. That's what happened this week as well. I completed the 1.5K and 5K back to back. The overall distance (6.5K) is reasonable, but it feels a bit strange to stop running only to restart again minutes later. Upon restart it takes a short while for the leg muscles shake the numbness away.
But clearly, I find it less difficult to do 2 medium distance in a row, than completing several sprints (400m and lower) before a longer run. Running similar distances allow to complete both at the same pace, which is more comfortable.
As usual, the runs where completed outside during my lunch break, and I waited the evening to do Hades at home with my pull-up bar..Still below PB, but nearly 2 minutes below my last few attempts. It feels good to see the timer going down again!


Kentauros was a pain but at least the weather was ok. Which makes a real difference in the winter. It's hard to express with words how miserable one feels when completing this workout soaking wet in the freezing wind. Anyway, I have noticed that lately I appreciated this workout less than in the past. Not that I "loved" Kentauros before, but I never disliked it as much as most people do. I guess our relationship with the workouts is a cyclical thing.


Third day was dedicated to Gaia. I started well, but my pace dropped in the second half (esp. on jumps)In the last round I thought that my chances at a PB were fading away, so I literally sprinted. This session left me completely out of breath. Ironically after recovering, I realized that had messed-up my maths. My pace was better than I thought, I could have scored a PB even with a normal finish. As a result, I improved my record by a full minute. The new PB is a real one, I gave everything that I had left to get it. It might take a while to beat it.


So far the week has been mostly focused on legs, with many jumps. My lower legs tendinitis being never far away, and it's no surprise that I could feel it crawling back again. Thankfully, getting Kronos on the last day gave my legs a much welcomed rest (squats are tough on tights, but at least there no impact from hitting the ground). 
Slowly but surely, I'm continuing to improve my performance: 45.28* versus 46:26* last week.


It's been a long week with several challenging workouts, but I have recorded a nice PB and noticed improvements in pull-up focused workouts. Definitely a positive week in my book.


No comments:

Post a Comment