Monday, February 24, 2014

Cardio-Strength Program: week #14

Week #14 out of 15

The training schedule this week was as plain as it gets. No new workout. Only fairly short sessions. A week mostly focused on strength, but with a balanced training load.

What's going on? Have the guys at Freeletics turned soft? May be it's just a pause before all Hell breaks loose in week 15. Anyway, my main concern this week was not the end of the program, but rather to try to get rid of the pain in my left leg that appeared last week.


Monday: HADES (18:57*)

Not a great performance today.
I was cautious to avoid any unnecessary stress to my leg, so I performed my workout relying mostly on my right foot. I could stand and walk normally, but to help the tendinitis disappear I absorbed the shocks (landing the burpee jumps) and leaned my weight (pushup position) only on my right side.
This peculiar stand certainly hindered me a bit. But honestly it's only half an excuse. My cardio wasn't at its best either. It was just a not-so-great day.



Tuesday: HYPERION (22:57 -personal best)
  
Hyperion was completed without star just like the first & last time. This means that I did the Strict Pullups & One-hand Pushups using the regular form. For Hand-stand pushups I used the alternate (easier) version. For Pistols, I'm not using a chair as recommended for the alternate form, but I'm not going low enough yet to qualify them as "regular". I expect to train for a few more months before I get a star on this workout.

My overall completion time improved by less than 2 minutes. Not a stellar gain, but I'll take whatever PB I can get!


Wednesday: POSEIDON (04:47* -personal best) +SITUP MAX (142* -personal best)

Both workouts today improved versus the PB scored last week. Poseidon improved by 9 seconds, but this time should keep on going down as pullups become more and more natural. For situps, 11 additional repetitions is a pretty big gain week over week. My abs have been spared so far this week, so they were at 100% capacity. I kept going as fast as possible but my pace slowed during the last minute.


Thursday: Skiing (alpine)

No boxing this week, but it was replaced by another good physical drill. Excluding the lunch break, I have been skiing in total for about 4h30 to 5h00.
It was my first session of the year, and it was made much easier by all the physical training that I went through. I like to complain about Squats & Split Lunges, but I reaped the benefits today. My tights never hurt for a single second, during skiing or the day after.


Friday: HADES (17:02* -personal best)
  
The week started with a mediocre Hades performance, on a not-so-great day and with a painful leg. It ended on another Hades, but this time the pain was almost gone and I improved my PB by 35 seconds. I felt like I was flying during the first half of the exercise: round 1 was completed in less than 5 minutes and round 2 in less than 6.
Improving my pullups will be the key to keep pushing the time down. Performance for the rest of the workout is more regular.


Here we are: Week #14 is now over. Next week will be the last stretch before I complete my program. I don't know if it will feel like a sprint or a marathon, but I can already tell you that Week #15 is going to be Hell Week again!





9 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Marcelo. I'm doing my best! :-)

      Nothing to do with Freeletics, but I saw on your profile that you were doing some time lapses. I don't know if you have the work from a Norwegian guy called Terje Sorgjerd. May be you saw his incredible time lapses already, but in case you haven't google him. That could interest you.

      Delete
  2. for next week, don't forget to attach your pic, ok?? really wanna see your progress.. im really excited, hahahhahaa..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Darius,

      Well I don't know if there will be anything to be excited about... :-)
      But anyway, that's the plan: a pic & latest body stats once week 15 is over.

      Delete
  3. Yes, Please upload the pics

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. APHRODITE:


    50 Burpees
    50 Squats
    50 Situps
    40 Burpees
    40 Squats
    40 Situps
    30 Burpees
    30 Squats
    30 Situps
    20 Burpees
    20 Squats
    20 Situps
    10 Burpees
    10 Squats
    10 Situps

    2. DIONE


    The Dione training is made of 3 rounds of:

    75 Jumping Jacks
    25 Burpees
    50 Leg Lever
    75 Jumping Jacks
    50 Situps
    25 Burpees

    3. METIS


    10 Burpees
    10 Climbers (each time that you bring one leg up, it counts as a repetition)
    10 High Jumps (from standing position, jump vertically. Try to touch shoulders with knees)

    25 Burpees
    25 Climbers
    25 High Jumps

    10 Burpees
    10 Climbers
    10 High Jumps

    4. HADES


    25 Burpees
    15 Pullups
    15 Pushups
    25 Burpees
    2x 40m run
    (3 rounds)

    5. ARTEMIS


    50 Burpees
    50 Pullups
    100 Pushups
    150 Squats
    50 Burpees

    6. POSEIDON


    20 Pullups
    20 Pushups
    15 Pullups
    15 Pushups
    10 Pullups
    10 Pushups
    5 Pullups
    5 Pushups

    7. APPOLON


    3 rounds of:

    25 burpees
    400m run
    50 deep squats
    400m run

    8. HYPERIAN


    6 HS pushups: because upside-down is much more fun!
    12 strict pullups: you think that pullups are tough? Think again...
    6 OH pushups: who needs 2 arms anyway?
    12 pistols: to shoot your legs & your ego.
    60 seconds rest
    5 rounds

    9. ARES


    7 pullups
    7 jackknives
    2x40m run
    60 seconds rest
    5 rounds (no rest at the end of the 5th round, the training is over after the run)

    10. HERA


    40 jumps
    60 seconds rest
    400 meters run
    60 seconds rest
    5 rounds (no rest at the end of the 5th round, the training is over after the run)

    11. KENTAUROS


    2x20 meters Lunge Walk
    10 High Jumps
    2x20 meters Burpee Frogs
    10 High Jumps
    6 rounds

    12. VENUS


    50 pushups
    20 Jackknives
    50 Deep Squats
    4 rounds

    13. ATLAS


    2km run
    50 deep squats
    50 burpees
    50 froggers
    50 leg levers
    100 jumps

    14. ZUES


    5 HS pushups
    15 pullups
    25 pushups
    35 situps
    45 squats
    120 seconds rest
    4 rounds (no rest at the end of the 4th round, the training is over after the run)

    HOPE THIS SOMES IT UP !
    Muhammad Firdaus
    frdskmrlzmn@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. good job man, ive been following your blog and its very helpful so we can workout. and just so you know your last update doesnt open (week 15)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,

      Thanks
      I haven't posted week 15 yet, I'm still working on it. Actually I accidentally posted the draft version and withdrew it within a minute, so may be that's why you saw there was a post but can't access it. Hopefully tomorrow I'll find the time to publish the final version.

      Delete