Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Body stats: after 8 weeks


I have now completed 8 weeks of training. This is when results should start to appear (the key word is "appear", don't expect to see a six-pack yet!)

My stats after 8 weeks: 

Height: 178 cm (5.84ft) 

Weight: 78.2 kg (172.6 lbs)

Waist size: 88 cm (34.6 in)


In my last post discussing weight, I mentioned that breaking the 79kg barrier would be a strong indication that I was losing weight. This milestone has now been officially passed.
To be very transparent, one morning a week or two ago I even weighted myself at 76.5kg! But this was more an anomaly than a real weight loss. Lately my weight has been constantly oscillating between 78kg-79kg.

Based on the evolution over the past 8 weeks, I don't expect to lose a lot of weight. I think that will trade some fat for some muscles, so my guess is that I will end-up around 75kg-76kg.


The waist size is a more stable measure, and by dropping by another centimeter it confirms that there is some effect from the training. I have also started to notice that the abs are a bit more carved-out. Nothing incredible, but so it's motivating to see some progress.


Here is a picture:




Results appear slowly, it's even harder on picture than in than in real life. Since week #1, I have been losing a bit of belly fat: the lower ribs and the abs are getting more visible (I'm not contracting muscles on any picture). Pectoral muscles also appear to be slightly more developed.


8 comments:

  1. Keep going, you inspire me

    Thanks for sharing your Freeletics experience

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your support.

    It's good to know that people are following my progress. It's much harder to give-up when you know that people are watching you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. loving this blog! so well written and informative! thank you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your feedback. My goal is to be as transparent as possible about my physical and mental states during this whole experience. I sometimes feel that as a result my posts are too long. I'm glad to see that some readers appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks Dude... this is my 2nd week :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keep going! It takes a few weeks to get used to the routine of daily training, but after a while you get used to it and time flies. I'm starting week 13 today, and it feels strange to think that I'm almost finished with the program.

    ReplyDelete